1950's Gold Tone "Napier" Knot Brooch
Beautiful Scandinavian Style Knot brooch from from Colorado. This pin is in excellent condition with no dents, eye visible scratches or chipping of color. Perfect for a scarf, bag, hat, sweater or coat. The lady that owned this piece use to hang pearl enhancers from the bottom to give her outfits a unique look. She owned many brooches and hat pins. Light to wear (do not use on silk or very sheer material) and will not tug or hang low. Nice addition to your collection.
* Gold Tone (NOT solid gold)
* Manufacture Mark "Napier"
* 1 3/8" inch in diameter
* 10.93 grams
Please view below for a quick Napier Bio
All items include Tracking
Insurance for package values over $200 will be added at no additional charge
Packages over $200 will be Signature Required
In the 1920's and 1930's, Napier designed necklaces, bracelets and earrings in a range of styles including, designs featuring Egyptian motifs, such as cobras, Victorian Revival designs and Deco-style motifs. The company produced very little jewelry during the 1930's, focusing on its gift-ware lines. In the 1940's, most of the jewelry produced was sterling silver tailored pieces. In the 1950's, it produced jewelry in a wide range of styles. Napier jewelry is notable for its simple, modern, geometric and floral designs. However, the company also produce boutique and high-end jewelry. Some of the metalwork bears resemblance to Mexican and Scandinavian designs.
The Napier Company got its start in North Attleboro, Massachusetts 1878, under the name of The E. A. Bliss Co., manufacturing gilt men's watch chains. In 1882, the company became incorporated as The E. A. Bliss Company with the word "The" as part of its legal name. The company relocated to Meriden, Connecticut in 1890, after the company sustained rapid growth in the previous decade. During World War I (and again in World War II), they ceased production of jewelry, and instead focused on producing war-related items, such as medallions and medals.
James H. Napier became president of the company in 1920, and the company was renamed, The Napier-Bliss Co. In 1922, the company again changed its name to The Napier Co.