Vintage Old Pawn Navajo Bead Silver Quarter Necklace
This AMAZING piece is truly a work of art. This was purchased by a retired Air Force Colonel back in the 1950's. He worked for the Pentagon and was on a special assignment in New Mexico for some months. This is an old pawn piece in great condition. There is no claps, it is a pull over necklace. The quarters used range in age from the early 1930's-mid 1940's and are stung on thick string that was not testable, but looks like it could be animal intestine. There is some patina and greening to the quarters. The beads are gradual in size with the largest at 7/8" inch in diameter and the smallest at 5/16" inch in diameter. The design of the quarters is visible on most of the hand shaped beads. This is an item that can be enjoyed by a gent or lady. An item of this nature would normally sell for approx $995-$1200 in store. Quarters before 1965 were made of 90% silver. That's the beauty of not having a large overhead of a brick and mortar store.
- Hand Crafted No Signature
- 39 Quarter Beads various circumferences
- 20 Silver Jewelry Beads 5/16" inch in diameter
- Length is 26" inches (Pull Over Necklace)
- 454 grams (1 lb)
- c. 1950's
- No Appraisal Item is based on current market value and silver value at 16.77 per troy ounce as of 11/9/2019. Please use a silver calculator like the one linked below for daily value.